Salary: $55,000.00 to $65,000.00 /year
Staff Engineer – Chemical/Mechanical – Based in Maryville, MO
At Bolder Industries, we decrease the environmental impact of consumer products by utilizing waste-based ingredients rather than costly virgin materials. Our goal is to significantly reduce greenhouse gas emissions, water usage, and electricity consumption as well as create jobs worldwide by extending the useful life of petroleum-based raw materials, like virgin carbon black. To achieve this goal, Bolder Industries has commercialized a closed-loop reuse process that converts waste tires into sustainable materials, such as oil, steel, and our charter product, Bolder Black™, an alternative to virgin carbon black derived from end-of-life (EOL) tires that can be found in over 70 consumer products to date.
The Staff Engineer will be responsible for supporting the design of our proprietary manufacturing and production equipment and aid senior engineers in the implementation of production upgrades.
Major Responsibilities / Essential Functions
- Use CAD to develop equipment arrangement in piping structures for production equipment
- Use design parameters from senior engineers to select appropriate pumps, valves, seals, etc.
- 3D modeling of pyrolysis system
- Plant layout and organization of equipment
- Detailed selection of individual parts and pieces for pyrolysis system
- Chemical reaction modeling
- Install of equipment on site
- Bachelor’s degree in chemical or mechanical engineering, or another appropriate field
- 1-3 years of field engineering experience
- Strong familiarity with engineering documentation and technical writing, must have the ability to communicate complex technical ideas in a clear and concise manner
- Basic understanding of AutoCAD, AspenPLUS, Excel programming, and Microsoft Office
- Must be willing to travel to Boulder, CO office and vendor locations