Maryville Carbon Solutions, A Bolder Industries Company, solves challenging environmental issues for the industrial waste industry by developing sustainable, high-performance products through technology. Our charter product, Bolder Black™, is a sustainable alternative to traditional carbon black produced using waste tires that would otherwise be placed in landfills or incinerated. We create Bolder Black in a facility that emits 90% less CO2e and uses 90% less H2O than traditional virgin black production methods.
We are seeking a Controller at our Maryville, MO facility. This role will support the Company accounting and finance department. While the position will report to the Chief Executive Officer at the Corporate headquarters, it will have daily interaction with Plant Managers and finance staff at all levels.
- Oversee accounts, ledgers, and reporting systems ensuring compliance with appropriate accounting standards and regulatory requirements.
- Maintain internal controls and safeguards over the financial reporting systems and operations.
- Work with the corporate accounting operations manager to coordinate all audit activity.
- Analyze financial data and present financial reports in an accurate and timely manner.
- Review, update, and identify ways to improve existing accounting processes.
- Assist with the annual budgeting and planning process; compare actual results to budget; paying special attention to identify, explain, and correct variances as needed.
- Apply correct general ledger coding to vendor invoices, expense reports, and check requests; verify related supporting data.
- Produce third party invoices and perform collection activities according to contract terms.
- Monitor and forecast transactions to estimate company performance.
- Bachelor’s degree with a Business/Accounting emphasis preferred. Must have 2-5 years of financial accounting experience.
- Accounting: 3 years
Job Type: Full-time